Energy Efficiency for Retail Stores
The retail sector has a huge energy demand per square meter. Therefore, reducing energy consumption and lowering operating costs can make a huge difference in the profit margin ratio. However, with almost 80 of the retail building stock being 40 years or older, energy efficiency or climate consciousness is hard to find.
Next to lighting, HVAC systems hold the biggest share of energy costs—usually accounting to somewhere between one or two percent of net sales. Yet reducing existing costs is often overlooked with daily profit targets to be met. The most common difficulties are:
- Technical facilities are complex, and technical facility management staff are thin on the ground for ongoing support. Due to the focus on day-to-day business, there is often little time for energy management issues.
- 83% of large chain stores are rental property; making it difficult for both tenant and landlord to implement energy-saving renovation measures that pay off quickly.
Rewarded: Recogizer is Top Supplier 2020 Retail
Lower Your Energy Costs Now.
Save resources with Artificial Intelligence and improve your customer’s shopping experience.
Sustainability as Competitive Factor
Climate consciousness will help you build an attractive character for your business. Sustainable, energy-efficient operating concepts are playing an increasingly important role, and customers expect sustainability measurements—and are even influencing their consumer behavior.
Due to the highly competitive nature of retail, innovative efficiency measures can make the decisive difference: and by using Artificial Intelligence you can achieve significant savings with manageable investments. You will be saving energy and improve the indoor climate: a win-win situation for you and your customers.
Reducing Energy Consumption with the help of AI
energyControl is a self-learning system that optimizes your HVAC technology, leading to a perceptible increase in personal comfort and the reduction of energy consumption by more than 20%. The smart alternative to building refurbishments or upgrade of your technical systems.
So how does it work? energyControl learns the building’s behavior through Artificial Intelligence. In addition to current building and operation data, weather forecasts, customer frequency and the retailer's specifications are also taken into account - providing a optimal control strategy for your technical systems. Updated every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Reduced energy consumption through optimized control
- Perceptible increase in comfort of indoor climate
- Installation during normal business hours
- Runs fully automated
- Add-on solution for existing technical equipment
energyControl Is Ideal for:
Benefits for Your Stores
Reduce Energy Consumption by More Than 20%
The retail sector has the second highest energy demand of all commercial properties. Lower your operating costs now.
Ensure a Comfortable Climate
energyControl ensures a stable, comfortable indoor climate in all sales zones. For happy customers and employees.
Avoid CO2 Emissions
One step ahead: Meet your customers' sustainability expectations. An investment in the future.
Due to the data-based approach, only a small investment is sufficient. The best solution for rental properties.
Department Store in Freiburg: energyControl Successfully in Action
About the building:
- Built in 1975
- Department Store
- Usable area for trade: 13.401 m2
- 6 sales floors
- 2 gas boilers
- 2 chillers
- 4 ventilation systems in the sales areas for heating, ventilation and cooling
- Room air technology with heat recovery
- 17 climate zones
Energy consumption without energyControl:
- Heating: 552,055 kWh gas
- Ventilation: 586,077 kWh electricity
- Cooling: 158,277 kWh electricity
Targets for energyControl:
1. Permanently reduce the energy consumption of HVAC technology.
2. Significantly improve the - individual - climate zones across all floors.
Challenge of the project:
In the past, uncomfortably high room temperatures were frequently reached across all sales zones. With temperature differences of up to 6° between floors, there has been a high number of complaints about the comfort level resulting from the room climate.
- Energy savings of over 20% for HVAC in the first year.
- Indoor temperature targets were met and maintained for the first time, resulting in a significant reduction of complaints.
- Fast amortization: within 9 months, the customer’s savings had already exceeded the investments made.
- Technical problems of the HVAC system are detected early and could be fixed before major maintenance issues occurred.
- For the first time, the customer has full transparency regarding system operation.
Results in the first year:
Ready to get started?
Recogizer Group GmbH
Phone: +49 228 299 745 15
Let us unleash the power of your data.