Data Engineer (m/w/d)
Job type: Full-time
Available from: Starting now
We are a pioneer for smart, green buildings. As a green tech company, we utilize AI to reduce the carbon footprint of real estate. With our innovative solution energyControl we make buildings smart and and reduce energy consumption fully automated.
Looking for a new challenge to make big things happen? We are looking for dedicated employees to join us in achieving our mission - for a greener planet.
What is waiting for you?
- Actively contribute to CO2 reduction in buildings in collaboration with the operations team on a daily basis
- Writing and maintaining python packages that deal with data and business logic
- Maintain Git CI/CD pipelines for automation and testing
- Design and build ETL data pipelines that are simple and scalable for the purpose of preprocessing, visualization, anomaly detection etc.
- Design and build dashboards for visualization and automation
- Mentoring junior and student developers
- Close collaboration with operations team and external partners
- Long term planning and time-cost analysis with product owners and management
- 3+ years professional data engineering experience
- Master‘s degree in computer science, mathematics or equivalent degree
- Ability to develop a clear understanding of requirements and translate them into projects
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with
- Python programming
- Apache Airflow or similar graph based ETL pipeline tools
- Linux VMs and/or cloud environment (e.g. MS Azure)
- Docker, Git CI/CD
- Extensive experience with one of the following:
- Scientific Python i.e. pandas, numpy, scipy, sklearn, pytorch etc.
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Fluent in Business English, German is a plus
What we offer:
- Diversity of tasks
- Various opportunities for development & exchange among peers
- Great team spirit and team events
- Open feedback culture, flat hierarchies and a dynamic working environment
- Flexible working hours & home office arrangement
- Modern workspace directly on the Rhine