Department Store in Freiburg: energyControl Successfully in Action
About the building:
- Built in 1975
- Department Store
- Usable area for trade: 13.401 m2
- 6 sales floors
- 2 gas boilers
- 2 chillers
- 4 ventilation systems in the sales areas for heating, ventilation and cooling
- Room air technology with heat recovery
- 17 climate zones
Energy consumption without energyControl:
- Heating: 552,055 kWh gas
- Ventilation: 586,077 kWh electricity
- Cooling: 158,277 kWh electricity
Targets for energyControl:
1. Permanently reduce the energy consumption of HVAC technology.
2. Significantly improve the - individual - climate zones across all floors.
Challenge of the project:
In the past, uncomfortably high room temperatures were frequently reached across all sales zones. With temperature differences of up to 6° between floors, there has been a high number of complaints about the comfort level resulting from the room climate.
- Energy savings of over 25% for HVAC over the period of 24 months.
- Indoor temperature targets were met and maintained for the first time, resulting in a significant reduction of complaints.
- Fast amortization: within 9 months, the customer’s savings had already exceeded the investments made.
- Technical problems of the HVAC system are detected early and could be fixed before major maintenance issues occurred.
- For the first time, the customer has full transparency regarding system operation.
EHI Energy Management Award
For the innovative character of the project and considerable savings, the store in Freiburg was awarded the EHI Energiemanagent Award as a "sustainable and energy-efficient store". The award honors Recogizer as technology partner as Top Supplier Retail 2020.
Ready to get started?
Recogizer Group GmbH
Phone: +49 228 299 745 15
Let us unleash the power of your data.