Department Store in Freiburg: energyControl Successfully in Action
About the building:
- Built in 1975
- Department Store
- Usable area for trade: 13.401 m2
- 6 sales floors
- 2 gas boilers
- 2 chillers
- 4 ventilation systems in the sales areas for heating, ventilation and cooling
- Room air technology with heat recovery
- 17 climate zones
Energy consumption without energyControl:
- Heating: 552,055 kWh gas
- Ventilation: 586,077 kWh electricity
- Cooling: 158,277 kWh electricity
Targets for energyControl:
1. Permanently reduce the energy consumption of HVAC technology.
2. Significantly improve the - individual - climate zones across all floors.
Challenge of the project:
In the past, uncomfortably high room temperatures were frequently reached across all sales zones. With temperature differences of up to 6° between floors, there has been a high number of complaints about the comfort level resulting from the room climate.
- Energy savings of over 25% for HVAC over the period of 24 months.
- Indoor temperature targets were met and maintained for the first time, resulting in a significant reduction of complaints.
- Fast amortization: within 9 months, the customer’s savings had already exceeded the investments made.
- Technical problems of the HVAC system are detected early and could be fixed before major maintenance issues occurred.
- For the first time, the customer has full transparency regarding system operation.
Award for the project:
EHI Energy Management Award
For the innovative character of the project and considerable savings, the store in Freiburg was awarded the EHI Energiemanagent Award as a "sustainable and energy-efficient store". The award honors Recogizer as technology partner with the Top Supplier Retail 2020 award.
Ready to get started?
Recogizer Group GmbH
Phone: +49 228 299 745 15
Let us unleash the power of your data.